Sunday, September 25, 2011

An Update and a New Plan!

This blog is really going to kick into gear now folks, so get ready for lots of updates to be had!





UPDATES:
New tools!  We're currently in the middle of a round of Hydroxycut Hardcore Proseries. It's not a miracle drug, but it gives us the solid boost to curb cravings and getting the metabolism boosted up a little earlier in the morning than usual.
We've also added a YMCA membership! Yes, the Navy has great gym facilities, but the classes and other offerings through the YMCA are great for me and it's nice for Prince Charming to get off base every once in a while, ya know?

I'm throwing a new format in here. It'll help us better track weekly goals and ENSURE a weekly post (at the very least). 

Due to some tweaked out measurements, Prince Charming has a 1 hour/day work out prescribed by the Navy, so he does a majority of his work outs on base. He's supplementing these with 1 workout/week with me at the YMCA on the weekends. He's seeing a lot of success, which I think is 80

As of October 1st, I'm starting the Galloway Training Method. It's a marathon training course that is supposed to help develop a steady pace using the Run/Walk Interval method. So that will be 3 days/week. I'm looking for a class at the YMCA I can add in during the off days. This will help me get out of the house, which will be especially valuable to my health and well-being while Prince Charming is at deployed. It's challenging for me to schedule classes at the moment because I rarely know when he's getting off work. I'm lucky to know 24 hours in advance. I generally know whether he'll need me there in the AM or the PM, but that's about it, so we may have to work out some transportation issues to make sure we both get what we need on this front, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

So, yes, we're both still committed to good health - even though this blog as fallen by the wayside of late!

I think our biggest challenge is making sure we keep our dinners healthy. We're good at keeping breakfast healthy and well rounded. Lunch isn't too tempting for either of us - but when we are both tired and don't feel like cooking or cleaning, the options narrow significantly. And before you know it, dinner turns into an appetizer, entree, dessert, and alcoholic beverage. Ugh! Never go out to eat when you're starving and tired. That's NOT a good recipe for a special night out, but it's a sure-fire way to over-indulge and ruin a week full of hard work and good choices. So for next week, we'll aim to keep a wrap on that.

Without further ado... here's the weekly format! (Thanks Amanda!) We'll be updating it with weight along the way.

Goals for workouts this week:
Prince Charming - 6 work outs, no soda
Snow White - 6 work outs, 1 gallon of water/day
Our Goals - MODERATE eating out.

A Recap seeing how we did on our goals will be up next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This all looks really good. It sounds like a doable plan that you can tweak as daily life changes.

    By the way, I will definitely be at WDW for the 2012 Princess Half Marathon. My goal is to do all the big Disney races next year!

    ReplyDelete