Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Checking In

So last week I posted about a few of our goals. Here's a reminder:

Goals for workouts this week:
Prince Charming - 6 work outs, no soda
Snow White - 6 work outs, 1 gallon of water/day
Our Goals - MODERATE eating out.

So how have we been doing with these goals since October 1st?

Life threw us a little curve ball. In case you haven't checked out the other blogs, Clydas needed surgery on his foot to remove some cancer. While he's been recouping well, it has slowed down my schedule to work out just a bit. But things are quickly picking up steam now that he can be left alone for a little while. (Though I think lifting a 55lb dog for 3 days should count as some sort of work out.)


I'll updated you all regarding our goals success (or failure) on October 7th. In the mean time...

I've started to take advantage of the Prince Charming's early mornings. Yesterday, I dropped him off at the gym on base and then headed to the YMCA myself. I got a few laps in walking and running on the track for warm up, and then found a machine that appears to be a cross between an elliptical and a stair climber. It was an AWESOME work out. Many of the machines there have mounted TVs, but I usually prefer to listen to my Ipod. So I worked out to This Running Life which was fun.

Today, I'm working all day and Prince Charming is working all day AND night, so I've decided to get work out of the way early and go to a Begining Ballroom class at the YMCA this evening, followed by a nice swim. Sounds like a great way to unwind from the day - and it counts towards my 6 work outs a per week! 2 down, 4 to go!

As for the Galloway method, I'm still struggling with that one... It's not that I don't want to try it. I do! It's just that it feels silly to train for a marathon, when I may not be running it after all. It would cost a little over $500 for me to do this and we still haven't hammered out the details yet. I think we can make it work, but we have a lot of expenses coming up next year, and it's best not to count your chickens before they hatch.  While I'd REALLY LOVE to register for the Princess 1/2 in Feb, and/or the Everest Challenge in May, I'm really struggling with the financial end of it. Since Prince Charming is 99.9% sure he won't be able to attend to cheer me on, I'm having trouble committing to spending that kind of money on myself and not feeling selfish... So the question is more "How important is this to me?" and "Am I willing to go solo?"



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're moving along.

    On the training front - there's no reason not to train for the Princess Half...What you should do is plan your training and come up with an alternative race closer to home if you aren't able to make it to WDW for the Princess Half. That way, you'll be ready if you decide to do the Princess Half, but if you can't swing that one you can do something local to put your training to the test. Either way, getting a goal race on the calendar will help keep you motivated to train!

    ReplyDelete