Monday, March 14, 2011

NSV - Non-Scale Victories

So often in this path to health and wellness we forget about the victories that don't involve that little number on the scale moving.

I'm pretty bad at this. I get frustrated that the number isn't changing, even though I'm feeling stronger, looking more toned, etc, and frankly, it's discouraging sometimes.

But I understand that these days will happen as my body continues to readjust to a healthier lifestyle. I have to look at the big piture.

The big picture is, I've kept over FIFTY POUNDS OFF over the last 8 years. That's no small feat! It's proof of a true life style change, my increased happiness over time, as well as being evidence of leading a more active lifestyle. Losing weight and keeping it off is as much of a head game as it is a physical game.

So even if I end up being up a little this week, looking at the big picture is definately something worth celebrating!

For more ideas on rewards and Non-Scale-Victories, check out my friend's post here.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on keeping 50 pounds off! That is awesome! Thanks for tagging my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, keeping 50 lbs is a great feat! And you should be proud! I am very proud of you and know that I will always be standing behind you as you are for me. You will slay this dragon and you will get to your goal weight. Remember that and I promise that it will happen. I will be with you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete