Monday, April 25, 2011

Baseballs Games, Date nights, Easter, and Lessons in Distraction

I take complete responsibility for putting Sean and I above almost 20 lbs from our goal, that was only 9 pounds away a few short weeks ago.

When he arrived in Washington, I wanted to step out, see the sites, try the food, and celebrate. And I didn't want to stop. It was oh-so-easy to give into those cravings, so while he only put on a 2-3 pounds, I packed on over 6.  Between the baseball game, dining out, and a date night or two, I slipped on the pounds.

So - what went wrong? I can't very well blame my teammate for my weight gain.

Here's the biggest thing I noticed:


I got distracted. Not that I didn't have good reason to be distracted, but I lost focus on using the tools that have helped me get here thus far. I went from a women who logged into MyFitnessPal.com several times a day to keep my calories in check to someone who almost remembered some days.  Instead of looking at my calorie count every am and working within that, I have been eating what I think I can get away with and then logging it later to find out I'm WAY over calories and WAY under workout.

How to fix that?
Here are my 3 simple steps to help improve my behavior:
Adjust scheduling to include working out on a regular 5 night a week schedule.
Log into MyFitnessPal several times a day.
Make 2 motivational posts (this blog or my personal blog) once a week.

Reality of the situation is, this is a set back. But it's one I can learn from. While Sean and I both are working on losing weight, our fitness goals are different and our bodies work differently to achieve those goals. We'll work out together, but I can't eat what he eats all the time. But I know he's there to support me all the way and help me. No more celebrating. Time for real life.

1 comment:

  1. I can't allow Jaime to take the sole blame. I didn't make sure that we both followed our fitness goals. The little things that Jaime needed me to do I just didn't do. For one instance we were out at Hale's Alehouse and she was looking at the menu. She was looking at some healthier choices and some non healthier choices. Instead of encouraging her to get the healthier choice I told her to get what she wanted. I can look back and see a few instances around this. I need to take a step back and view our time together now more as everyday life and less like an adventure. I need to be the voice that she needs to hear sometimes and not the little devil on her shoulder. I promise Jaime, my love, that from now on I will be that man.

    ReplyDelete